HOW TO REMOVE GREASE STAINS FROM UPHOLSTERY
1. Scrape off any dried grease using a flat edge. If the grease stain is wet, carefully blot any excess oil using a damp paper towel.
2. Next, take a bit of baking soda or corn starch, completely cover the stain. Let the baking soda absorb the grease from the upholstery for 15 minutes.
3. Using a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment, vacuum the baking soda off of the affected area.
4. Take 1 part powdered laundry detergent and two parts cold water, and dampen a cloth with it. Press the fabric onto the grease stain.
1. Another method is to place a good amount of baby powder directly on the stain. Be sure to cover the stained area entirely. After a few minutes, brush off the stain, removing any excess baby powder.
2. Next, take a scrub brush and work a generous amount of upholstery cleaner into the affected area. This cleaner will help break up the grease stain.
3. Pour a bit of liquid dish soap onto a clean cloth and work this solution into the grease stain.
4. Dab the grease stain with a damp cloth continuously to remove the solvent. One last method is to cover the grease stain with a bit of mild dish soap and let it sit for a few minutes.
5. Using a damp cloth, rinse the affected area of the upholstery with a bit of warm water. Next, mix equal parts of water and ammonia.
6. Apply this solution, using a clean sponge, directly on the grease stain.
7. Scrub the affected area. Take one baby wipe or rubbing alcohol on a damp cloth and scrub the stain. The alcohol helps remove the grease. If the grease stain is still lingering, dip a fresh cloth in some water and 3% hydrogen peroxide.
8. Scrub the stain to try and lift any remaining grease. Blot dry the area with paper towels or use a vacuum to remove any moisture. For more spot cleaning solutions, visit Astrobrite Carpet Spot Stain Removal Guide.
This video will show several step-by-step cleaning solutions to remove grease from your upholstery.
For a complete breakdown of the grease removal steps, visit our full Spot Removal posting: Astrobrite Carpet Spot Stain Removal Guide.